Ask anyone to name their favorite dish off of their Christmas menu and many will loudly answer ‘Candied Yams!’ This side dish is the quintessential dish for the holidays. Adults and kids alike go back for scoop after scoop of this sinfully scrumptious dish. Any why not? With a sweetness that delivers every time, candied yams taste like dessert right at the dinner table. Easy enough to make so the kids can pitch in and help, this recipe is a classic that you simply have to try this Christmas. Do not disappoint your friends and family this year – be sure to keep the candied yams on the Christmas menu!
Candied Yams Recipe
- 1 can (29 ounces ) sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a medium baking dish.
- Distribute the butter pieces evenly over the sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Layer the top with the mini marshmallows.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender and the marshmallows have melted.