One of the most common casserole dishes, green bean casserole elevates the green bean to new heights. The creaminess of the casserole enhances the flavor of the green beans, while a crunchy topping seals the deal. This green bean casserole tastes as good as it looks, so be sure to make it a part of your holiday menu this year. With a short ingredient list and only a few simple steps to follow, this is one of the easiest casserole recipes out there. So don’t add to the holiday stress – keep it simple with this green bean casserole.
Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (10 ¾ ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ¼ cup milk
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 cans (14 ½ ounces each) cut green beans, drained
- 1 1/3 cups French-fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the soup, milk and pepper in a 1 ½ quart baking dish. Stir until blended.
- Stir in the green beans and 2/3 cup of the fried onions.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot.
- Stir and sprinkle with the remaining 2/3 cup fried onions.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes or until fried onions are golden brown.