If you have never made a pecan pie before, then this is the year to give it a go! The presentation alone on this dessert is spectacular and has a great WOW factor. Walk in to any holiday party with this traditional dessert and you’re guaranteed to be the best guest! So keep reading to uncover the recipe for this classic Christmas dessert!
Pecan Pie Recipe
- Pastry dough
- ¾ stick unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp grated orange zest
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place a baking sheet on the middle rack.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch round and place into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim the edge, leaving a ½ inch overhang.
- Fold the overhang under and lightly press against the rim of the pie plate and crimp as desired.
- Lightly prick the bottom of the crust all over with a fork.
- Chill until firm (roughly 30 minutes in the fridge or 10 minutes in the freezer).
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar, whisking until smooth.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the corn syrup, vanilla, orange zest and salt.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a medium bowl, and then whisk in the corn syrup mixture.
- Place the pecans in the pie shell and pour the corn syrup mixture evenly over them.
- Bake on a hot baking sheet until the filling is set, about 50 to 60 minutes.