Sweet potato casserole is a holiday classic. It is a crowd pleaser time and time again. This recipe is one to print and file away as you will surely be asked to make it every Christmas. The crunchy pecan topping adds just the right amount of flavor and texture to put this above any sweet potato casserole you have had in the past. This is a quick and easy recipe that is almost impossible to mess up so give it a try this season!
Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted (plus more for buttering the baking dish)
- 3 cups (about 1 ¾ pounds) mashed sweet potatoes
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter a 2 quart baking dish.
- For the filling, whisk together the butter, mashed sweet potatoes, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, salt and the eggs in a large bowl. Transfer to the baking dish.
- For the topping, combine the brown sugar, butter and salt in a medium bowl until moist and the mixture clumps together.
- Stir in the pecans and spread over the top of the sweet potatoes in an even layer.
- Bake until mostly set in the center and golden on top, about 25 to 30 minutes.