What better way to celebrate Christmas than with some holiday desserts? There are few who get through the holiday season without partaking in some holiday baking – be it on the baking side or the eating side. And with the plethora of recipes available during the holiday season, there truly is something for everyone. But when it comes to Christmas desserts, nothing hits home like the classics. These traditional flavors and aroma that scream Christmas and fill our hearts and bellies with all the joys of the season. One of the most classic Christmas desserts is sweet potato pie. With or without whipped cream, no table of Christmas desserts is complete without sweet potato pie. So grab a fork and dig in!
Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 9 inch unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil the sweet potatoes whole (in skin) for 40 to 50 minutes. Run cold water over the sweet potatoes and remove the skin.
- Break apart the sweet potatoes in a bowl.
- Add butter and mix well with mixer.
- Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth.
- Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.