Cheesecake is a delicious dessert. But if you want to turn your ordinary cheesecake into a Christmas cake, then try out this recipe for a Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake. As if the cheesecake alone was not enough to win over all of your holiday guests, the Whipped Peppermint Cream will seal the deal and make this dessert a staple on your Christmas cake menu for years to come!
2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
5 Tbsp butter, melted
3 Tbsp sugar
Vegetable cooking spray
1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
¼ cup heavy cream
4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened at room temperatue
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp peppermint extract
4 large eggs
Whipped Peppermint Cream Ingredients:
2 cups heavy cream
¾ tsp peppermint extract
¾ cup powdered sugar
Crushed peppermint candies for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together the chocolate wafer crumbs, melted butter and sugar from the crust ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Press the mixture on the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a lightly greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. Let stand at room temperature.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Microwave the chocolate morsels and cream in a microwave-safe bowl at medium power for 60 to 90 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Cool 10 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese and 1 cup sugar at medium-low speed with a heavy duty electric stand mixer until just smooth.
- Add the chocolate mixture and the extracts and beat at low speed until just blended.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating at low speed just until yellow disappears after each addition.
- Pour into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until center of cheesecake jiggle and is almost set. Gently run a knife around the outer edges of the cheesecake. Do not remove the sides of the pan.
- Cool completely on a wire rack (about 2 hours).
- Cover and chill 8 hours to 2 days.
- Remove the sides of the pan and cover with the Whipped Peppermint Cream. Top with crushed peppermint candies.
Whipped Peppermint Cream Directions:
- Beat the cream and peppermint extract at medium-high speed until foamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar until soft peaks form.